Sunday, February 24, 2013

3 Hour Delay, Friends, DC Cupcakes and More!

I went to Georgetown  this weekend with my roommate to visit a friend who used to live in the area.  The weekend was amazing for many different reasons and those are:

1.  We had a 3 hour delay at school on Friday for inclement weather.  I had already signed up to take a half day on Friday so that I could head to DC, and with the 3 hour delay, it meant that I was at school as students arrived and then left as the announcements started to begin the day.  It was pretty amazing.

2.  I got to see the wonderful Jaclyn and experience her awesome tour of Dumbarton House in Georgetown.  (It was great!)

3.  I went to DC Cupcakes and got to eat a delicious mint cookies and cream cupcake.


4. I rode the Metro for the first time, luckily my roommate knew what she was doing and how to get around.

5. I did the normal touristy things like walking around the mall and checking out some of the Smithsonian museums.

 The only down side is that I have not looked at anything for school yet.  So, it's time to knock out some lesson plans so I'm ready for the kiddos tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. AND did you bring me back a cupcake??? I expect one on my desk tomorrow morning! I know where to find you...

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to stop by and say hello! I found you through the NC blog link up! I teach 2nd grade in Winston Salem. Where in NC do you live?

    Ashley
    That's So Second Grade!
    www.secondgradeparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete