I went to Georgetown this weekend with my roommate to visit a friend who used to live in the area. The weekend was amazing for many different reasons and those are:
1. We had a 3 hour delay at school on Friday for inclement weather. I had already signed up to take a half day on Friday so that I could head to DC, and with the 3 hour delay, it meant that I was at school as students arrived and then left as the announcements started to begin the day. It was pretty amazing.
2. I got to see the wonderful Jaclyn and experience her awesome tour of Dumbarton House in Georgetown. (It was great!)
3. I went to DC Cupcakes and got to eat a delicious mint cookies and cream cupcake.
4. I rode the Metro for the first time, luckily my roommate knew what she was doing and how to get around.
5. I did the normal touristy things like walking around the mall and checking out some of the Smithsonian museums.
The only down side is that I have not looked at anything for school yet. So, it's time to knock out some lesson plans so I'm ready for the kiddos tomorrow.